I'm not sure its appropriate to be blogging while at work...most especially since my job involves shaping the minds of our nation's youth. However, my youth are currently construction circuits and loving every minute of it so I might as well blog. I wish I could be better at this...but hey at least it occasionally gets done. Approximately 35 days ago my students made a comment..."Mrs. Graham, I bet you couldn't go a whole month without a soda." I thought to myself...really turkeys I will show you I can totally go a whole month without a soda.....little did I know the truth behind their statement. So we began a "Pop Challenge" on March 1st. All of my children and I were going to go a whole MONTH, 30 days, without a soda. Now I did get some groans and complaints because some of them wanted cream soda on their birthday or others wanted this or that...so they were given 1 free day to drink soda. I want you all to know that I have successfully gone 30 days without a soda...much to my personal trainers delight! However, these last few days have been hard.
You know that its bad when you start to have dreams about having a Dr. Pepper....yes thats right I had a dream about having a dr. pepper. I looked up the word want in the thesaurus (Hey I have to do something educational right now) and this is what I got...
ache, aspire, be greedy, choose, could do with, covet, crave, desiderate, fancy, feel a need, hanker, have a passion for, have a yen for, have ambition, have an urge for, have eyes for, hunger, incline toward, itch for, long, lust, need, pine, prefer, require, spoil for, thirst, wish, yearn
Every single one of those words describes my feelings at the moment for the delicious taste of an ice cold DP. So bad that I am honestly considering giving up 800 calories of normal food just to savor a 64oz Dr. Pepper for breakfast on Friday! I will let you know how it goes....
Doesn't it just look DELICIOUS.
No comments:
Post a Comment