Fabulousity CBOTB

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

When support systems fail

Today I feel like chatting a little bit about having a support system. I truly have a fanastic support system. My  husband is phenomenal about me being on this journey to lose weight and run a half marathon. So supportive in fact that he has signed up himself to run the half. Which is great, except he is a man.
  Thats right a man. I have been training now for almost 8 weeks... making sure that I get my runs in and diligently focusing on what I need to run and my recovery time. I have put in so far 108 miles of running with a schedule that gives me 2 short runs each week and then 1 long run. Thats right, 108 miles which is crazy. I have been building myself up with time and speed, when I started I would run for 2 minutes walk for 3, then I started running intervals. This would be run for quarter mile, walk for quarter mile. My times have gotten better and I've gone from a 15 minute mile to right around a 13 minute mile...I'm anywhere from 12:30 - 13:30 minute miles. Which is fantastic right....
  Until you enter my husband. He has trained for perhaps the last 2 - 3 weeks...and he has put in seriously less than 15 miles and what does he do...thats right...he comes in and runs a 12:20 mile. ARE YOU KIDDING ME. The man is ridiculous....
   Then to top my life off....he purchases girl scout cookies. Yes girl scout cookies. Darn those little children in their stinkin outfits for getting to my husband before they got to me...Do you know the calories in a girl scout cookie??? The average cookie...yes AVERAGE cookie is 70 calories. Seriously? There is like a stinking tiny morsel there to eat, its not even really a quarter of a real cookie and it is 70 calories...UGH. So I now have 70 calorie cookies preserving themselves in my freezer just waiting for me to be skinny enough to eat them.
  But on a better side to things I had 2 major major exciting things happen...First of all, my friend C who has been running with me presented me with a challenge on Monday. She challenged me to run my first mile without slowing down...which is a feat I have been dreading all along. I just don't feel like I have the confidence in myself or my abilities to run an acutal mile...but I DID IT!! Thats right, I ran a full mile in 13 minutes!! That is a BIG accomplishment for me! Then to top this all off, I lost 6 pounds in 2 weeks with my trainer. I hadn't been to my trainer in 2 weeks and I lost 6 pounds! I'm officially 1.9 pounds from onederland!!! Wahoo!! So for all of you out there with the fantasticly supportive husbands who blow you out of the water while running and then try to lure you away from your diet with girl scout cookies (don't worry, Ken bought 5 boxes) Be Strong!! Have an apple instead of that delicious coconut and carmel chocolate little circle of goodness known as a samoa... and if you just cant don't worry...it will only take you 1 hour of cardio to burn off that sweet little indulgence!!

1 comment:

  1. My problem? I'd be the one who bought the cookies. Good thing there aren't any girl scouts around me. Keep it up friend!

    ReplyDelete