Fabulousity CBOTB

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Celeb Motivation

Today one of my friends posted on FB as her status that "healthy food is so expensive" and it got me thinking. She is absolutely right. How ridiculous is it that in order to eat healthy our grocery budget has to basically double. One thing I have been doing in order to eat better is have a healthy breakfast. If I eat a good breakfast I am generally full until lunch, which is good because then I dont snack on bad stuff. Well for breakfast I have oatmeal with raspberries. Raspberries aren't exactly in season right now, so I buy the bags of frozen ones. A single bag of frozen raspberries is $3.12 seriously isn't that just ridiculous?  It is less than $3 for Reese's Puffs that Ken loves and I could definately eat those until I was full.... and then wouldn't be able to eat much else the rest of the day!

Anywho, onto a better note I had the most incredible experience yesterday!!! Ken had to get in 3 miles so we made a goal to get to the gym at 5pm because that would give us enough time to get his 3 miles in and then play a game of basketball. So we got there began our run. I didn't run much because I had just run 7 miles the night before and my legs were TIRED ( I did my run in an hour and a half which is crazy good time so i'm pretty excited about that!!!)...so I was just jogging next to Ken when I looked up and there in front of me walking to a treadmill was a contestant on the Biggest Loser!!!
  Moses from the Grey Team walked into the gym and I was seriously in awe! I couldn't believe how Fantastic he looked! I just wanted to run my little heart out because he was a few treadmills down and was just going to town working out. What an incredible piece of motivation to see that there is some actual "reality" to a reality tv show. He has to put in the work just like I am having to put in the work....and that is a comforting thought! So slow and steady wins the race I guess!!! I'm almost 20 pounds down in 12 weeks which is crazy!! Tomorrow begins another week of training.....and here's to Moses and Kaley of Team Grey!!! Way to represent ID!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment