Fabulousity CBOTB

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Friday Night Runner

I must say that my current schedule for running is not the most "fabulous" thing on the block. I have been doing personal training at the gym and my trainer can only meet at night on Tuesday or Thursday. This, however, is not very compatible with training to run a half marathon. When you are training you can either buy a running magazine, or for free google a half marathon training guide. When you get the guide, it gives you what miles/runs you need to do each week and the days on which you need to do them. Well, this is generally a plan like this:  Runs Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday with cross training on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and resting on Saturday. I would just do my run before I go to PT, but that small hour that I'm with my trainer I am introduced to what life must be like for those who live in death camps because that is what I feel like..DEAD.
 So the point to my rant about training...is running on a friday night is not really the coolest thing I could choose. I get to get all geared up to run mile after mile, while my husband takes a nap before he goes off to his weekly poker game.  Friday nights there is nothing on TV, the pod can only do so much, and so I am forced into just pushing myself through by telling myself if I get it done...then I can have some frozen yogurt! I'm serious too!
  Although I do think it is a boring time to run, I'm pretty excited! I ran 5 miles in 62:30 minutes! This means that I cut 30 seconds off of my long run! Which is wild! I'm excited about the progress that I'm making....if only NBC, CBS, FOX or someone would broadcast something GOOD on TV during that time I would greatly appreciate it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment