Oh Tuesday Night....how I do NOT look forward to you at all. Tuesday nights are seriously the BUSIEST night of the week for me. I get done with work by 4 pm...have to get home and get dinner started because my husband and I have cubscouts at 6. Then at 7 I have to run K home and then head to the gym for personal training at 7:30. This is a crazy busy night for us. Luckily today we got a snow day due to the crazy negative temperatures outside so I could be slightly more prepared. However, my trainer was still ready to go.
Tonight after our weigh in, she took us out to the treadmills....this is not good. She had us warm up and then we ran 20 10's. This is where she makes us put our incline at the least 10% and then our speed depends...she put mine at 5.5mph. So then we run for 20 seconds recover for 20 seconds 10 times. It is outrageous...and KILLS me everytime we do this for our cardio warmup. Yes thats right, that is simply our warm up. Then she took us into the "Man room" portion of the gym.
For those of you unfamiliar with the "man room" of the gym...this is the area of the gym where you see all of those muscle-crazed men. They are over there checking out their pecks in the mirror as the exhale ridiculously LOUD while doing a bicep curl with a 75 pound weight. Yes the scary men of the gym area. So she takes us to the man room of the gym....where she grabs the 12.5's (Not to worry about us using these weights, because you would NEVER see anyone in the man room using weights this small...this is pinky weights for them) and then puts us to work.
We did squats and screaming eagles (this is a shoulder work out...and YES the 12.5 weights were hard to lift for me on this part of the circut). Then she made us do walking lunges across the gym with plates in each hand. Plates are the weights you put on the bar to squat or bench...what plates did she give me....35 pounds...PER HAND...are you kidding me??? Are you kidding me? Then she told me each time I lunged my plates had to touch the ground. I was seriously lunging and sounding like I belonged in the "man-room" part of the gym...but I promise I wasn't exhaling for sheer effect...I was exhaling while I prayed that I could lift myself back up. As I passed this one lady...she looked at me and said "Man you are really working hard" and if I would have had enough oxygen in my lungs at that moment I would have answered her...but all I could muster was a smile and a nod.....we then did pushups....and then did lunges back. And no we weren't done after that.... we then did more arm works and frog jumps up the stairs...OH MY WORD...it was awful!
But on a lighter note....I did lose 3 pounds this week!!! So hopefully I can keep up the good work!!! Until tomorrow hope you all have fabulous Tuesdays!!!
Way to go friend! WOOP WOOP! Tami really kicked butt and I wonder if we'll do the same workout. Actually, I think we did something like that last week but it all fades together during the week.
ReplyDelete