Fabulousity CBOTB

Monday, January 17, 2011

Bootcamp + 3.5 mile run = inability to walk

Lesson learned today that is for sure. So we didn't have school today, courtesy of Mr. Martin Luther King Jr. Our school gave us a 4 day weekend...well sorta. We did have to work on friday but no students were there!! So today, since I wasn't occupied with molding the minds of our youth...I decided I would go to bootcamp today. Wrong choice, very wrong choice. To warm up we of course ran stair laps which are my favorite thing...UGH. Then we did this circut where we did step ups on the benches (which are actually very high up), then we did clean and presses, then we did these up down things where you had to hold weights above your head while you knelt down leading with your right or left knee until you were kneeling and then you stood back up and repeated, then we did suicide runs, then into walking lunges across the width of the gym floor, and then jumprope. Each station was 1 minute long and we moved through them with 10 seconds to get to the next station. After our first rotation through Stacey (our fearless leader/drill sargent) took us to the next phase. We did swing throughs (this is where you have a heavey medicine ball and you swing it between your legs and then up stopping above your head while sqeezing your bum cheeks together). We did 10 swing throughs and then 20 burpies. For those fortunate enough not to know what a burpie is let me enlighten you...its where you are standing and you jump up and then go down into a pushup position and then hop back up to standing and that is ONE. Then we did 10 more swing throughs and 19 burpies...and we were supposed to do this until we got to 10 burpies. She made us do this for seriously 6 minutes straight. Then we went back through the circut and then back to the swing through/burpie debacle. I burned 640 calories in that 50 minute time span...UNREAL. I thought that the 6 hour break in between bootcamp and the 3.5 miles I had tonight would be plenty of time to recover...No not so much. This run tonight was hard. If I didn't have to do the short run tonight I wouldn't have....needless to say I have learned my lesson.  Tomorrow should be interesting as to whether or not I will be able to walk.

1 comment: