Fabulousity CBOTB

Thursday, January 13, 2011

You just never know.....

Tonight is thursday! Yeah for being thursday, even better to know that I dont have to "work" tomorrow. So tonight of course is "Grey's Anatomy" and since it is supposed to be an "easy" workout my friend C and I had decided to just go walk to the show. Well we were doing great, working out when I looked back behind us and I saw a man trying to help someone up...and then I realized that this guy had fallen and was hurt. C and I then rushed over to help. This man had fallen from his eliptical, hit his head on the way down, and was no longer breathing and or responsive. C was AMAZING she got there first and started compressions...I'm so proud of her. A nurse happened to be working out and was there to help out as well. The EMT's and Police Department showed up and were able to take over and get him stable and take him to the ER.
  During this commotion, I took a step back as those who have been trained in this were taking over, and I just fell to my knees and I prayed. I have never felt like that before, felt the need to truly be humble and get to my knees in public and pray but I did. I only hope that Heavenly Father took over.
  To all those out there who are currently certified in this kind of training, for you I am ever so grateful. Tomorrow I will be bringing it up to my administrator that I feel like this is so important that we have a professional development day put towards certification for ALL employees at WPCS.  For those of you who are members of medical field and are the first responders, for you I am grateful as well.  And I am so so proud today to know a member of the police force (Mr. M.K), as the IF police department were literally the first on the scene tonight and able to truly provide an incredible support to those of us already involved.
  On a lighter note, I did burn an excellent amount of calories so I am bittersweetly happy about that. Tomorrow is the long run....here's to 4 miles again! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment