Fabulousity CBOTB

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Friday Night Long Runs

Aww its Friday!! The day when I get to tell all my sweet little minions that I hope they have a fantastic weekend, but to get on out of here!!! I get to have some peace and quiet for at least 2 days and no longer have to hear..."Mrs. Graham...Mrs. Graham...Mrs. Graham... or Mrs. Graham so and so did this, ...UGH" I must admit, 4th graders are not quite as bad as my 1st graders could be!! But I do miss those sweet sweet little ones and their speech impediments yelling out my name all day long...Misa Pwindol...Misa Pwindol...ha ha ha.   Anyways....Fridays for most people is the start of their weekend, theire time to relax! Friday for me is the night of the death run!!! Since I have personal training on Tuesday, I had to adapt my running/trainign schedule to MWF instead of TTHSa.  This is ok, it just means that while my husband enjoys some company playing poker...I'm sweating my toosh off.
  SO tonight I went and met my friend C at the gym and we did our run.  I have been warming up and then running for 2 minutes and walking for 3 minutes and then repeating this process until my mileage was complete. I have even been going 2.5 min on 2.5 min off.  So as I was about 2.5 miles into my run my friend said that she had an idea. She was going to run distance intervals instead, because her foot was starting to hurt. (She had hurt it this summer while training for a  half ). So I decided I would run with her. I had just finished my 2 min run so I decided I woudl walk the first .25/quarter mile and  then run the next quarter mile. By doing this, I could push myself harder duing the time I was running, as I had more time to recover and then push again. Well, this whole time my goal was to get in my 5 miles in 75 minutes...thats 15 minute miles..well that goal I set....I SMASHED IT!!!!!!!!!!!! Wahooo!!!!!!!!! I got my 5 miles done in 63 minutes!!! That is crazy!!!! I was so elated! In fact I got so excited that C and I treated ourselves to a little frozen yogurt at the Orange Leaf!!!! Wahoo for good times on runs and fantastic low calories delicious treats!

1 comment: