Fabulousity CBOTB

Sunday, January 9, 2011

I am a Weekend Warrior....

The weekend....the point in which most people's diets or excercise plans seem to dwindle off or fail. Why you ask...because those of us that work M-F just want a day or two to sleep in! So the thought of waking up early and then sweating my backside off doesn't sound very fun in my opinion. BUT... in the spirit of gaining some new clothes...I did it! (That and I wanted to be able to go out to eat that night with my husband for date night!). So the gym where I work out has this class called..."weekend warrior." This class is composed of 2 things...and hour long cardio/weights session followed by a half hour spent on what they call "butts and gutts" which is 30 minutes devoted to your beehind and your belly.  This weekend we did a class focused on what is called RIPPED. Each letter stands for something in particular that we focused on. R is for resistance training, where you focus on all the smaller muscle groups. Its medium to light weights with LOTS of reps. I is interval training, where you bring your heart rate way up doing cardio things. Then the first P is Power. This is where you focus on the major muscle groups with heavy weights. The next P is plyometrics...another cardio burn that brings your heart rate way up. E is for Endurance which is a mixture of weights and cardio and then D is for a Diet tip! Needless to say after the hour and a half that I spent in that room I thought I was going to die. I was afraid that I wasn't going to be able to drive home, it was an excellent workout!  Today I did take the day off though, I figured that it was important to give my body a rest. Tomorrow starts the process all over again... Hope your weekends were fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment